
Ryan and I have been in California visiting my family for the past couple of weeks. I have been kind of lazy and not really in the blogging mood... I flew here May 21st with Kaitlyn and Ryan stayed behind in Boise to finish up work. The end of May Ryan and I flew to San Francisco where we meet at the Oakland airport! We were up in the Bay area for a few days looking for a place to live for the next 3 years. We first thought living on the East bay (Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Concord area) would be a good idea because then Ryan could take the BART into the city and we could save money on gas and whatnot.. But, we couldn't find anything and we just had a feeling that living there didn't feel right. I was not thrilled living in the city so we looked across the golden gate bridge (north bay) and we were able to stay with a dental couple who were
sooooo sweet for letting us stay with them. It was so fun getting to know them better and we're excited to already have made some friends!! Ryan was able to ask lots of questions and get familiar with the torture that he gets to pay for and start tackling in July. We were only in the North Bay half of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and we were leaving Wednesday. So were kind of pressed for time. We had pages and pages of
criaglist listings and we thought that one of them we would have luck... but.. we drove by all of them and were not very thrilled about any of them! We were kind of disappointed and getting worried... On Monday morning Ryan was looking on
craigslist and randomly came across a listing which was really close to the bridge/school and a great price.. so we were hoping we would like it.... and we did!!! We feel
sooo lucky! We were able to sign the contract the next day so that gave us time to play in SF on Tuesday and some of Wednesday! It was
soooo fun!
Here are a few pictures.
In the city where we will be living has a beautiful walking path along the water! It takes 2 minutes to drive there. Here is some of the view you see as you are on the path or just driving by.

We live in this little town, which is kind of like a
peninsula. If you keep driving the road will come to the end and to the cutest little town and another little walking path and you get a view of the city across the way and the bridge. This little town is only a 5 minute drive from our apartment. We're really excited about that.

You can see some of the walking path. It's so peaceful and I love smelling the ocean smell! :)

Here is the few you get of the bridge on the path.
7 comments:
Congrats on the new place! You must be so excited to be living in California again.
Yeah! I am so excited for you. That is awesome that you found a place you like. I'll be anxious to see some pictures of the place :)
Totally cool. I so want to see pictures of the place. You guys are going to love SF. The farmers market at fisherman's dwarf is the coolest thing ever. So jealous.
I am so homesick now! What is the exact city you will be living in?
HOW PRETTY! You guys are going to have such a blast living there. Glad you've already met a few friends too!
I am so jealous you are moving back to california. It will be so nice! My extended family all live in Concord and Walnut Creek, so I have fond memories of the area. I am glad you found a place and that it is in an even better location.
How exciting that you were able to find a place to live!!! I love SF, we went there for part of our honeymoon and loved it...brings back memories!!!
Post a Comment