Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kaitlyns first time Painting!

So, my new church calling is working with the Webelos (10 year old boys). For those who aren't familiar with Webelos, its part of the scout program.
The past 2 weeks they have been working on there Artist badge. Kaitlyn comes with me every Tuesday afternoon to the church and ever since she saw the boys painting she has really, really wanted to paint too. So, today I let her. She LOVED it and probably sat there for about 2 hours.





She was actually tapping her lips and making the "hummm" sound when deciding what color she should use. She also does the tapping & "hmmm" thing when we ask her what she would like to eat.

Final Product. I helped her paint her name- as we were painting she was able to tell me each letter we were making!

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

a budding artist! What's a webelos?! (other than a 10yr old boy!)

amelia said...

She tapped her lips and went "hmmm"?! I LOVE HER!!! That is the cutest thing, and the cutest picture.

Heather McMullin said...

Cute painting! Kids love stuff like that.